I am finally a full employee at State Farm. The good news is they have awesome benefits.
Just some of the awesome goodness:
- Health Benefits. It’s been a year since I’ve had any, and now I’ve got good ones for the first time since 2002.
- A $4800 raise. Thank God. There’s nothing like a regular increase in income.
- Another raise with a performance cash bonus in February. It’s cool. I’m down with it.
- Tuition Reimbursement! Need I really say anything else?
- Mega discounts! It’s illegal to give discounts on insurance, so we don’t get any, but I get discounts on everything else from electronics to office supplies to jewelry, furniture, travel, home loans, automobiles, car rentals, food, restaurants, etc
- Credit Union. We’ve also got our own credit union, and we can get auto loans at very competitive rates [beats any auto loan I've had].
- A retirement program. After 5 years, I’m fully vested. This one’s new to me. I’ve never had anything like it. It will provide about 30-45% of my income after retirement.
- 401k with match! The 401k is rather lackluster. They’re VERY conservative but always have gains. They only match up to $50/mo and always another $25/mo. [range of $25-$75/mo]
- I also get a hoard of time off. It’s rather unbelievable. Upon my second year, of service, I get 20 sick days alone. That’s not including vacation time, personal time, permission time, et al.